We are updating the LC Chamber Directory for 2012-13. Click here to see your listing and let us know of any changes ASAP
Les Cheneaux Islands Area Chamber Membership: Answers to some frequently asked questions:
1. What is the Chamber of Commerce?
The Les Cheneaux Islands Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization of more than 130 businesses, professionals and individual supporters throughout the Eastern Upper Peninsula. The organization has existed since 1930. Our mission has always been to advance the commercial, industrial, civic and general interests of the area. The Chamber strives toward this through positive leadership, by supporting activities that improve the economic, social and physical condition of the area, and by cooperating with other community organizations and schools.
2. Why should I be a member?
Les Cheneaux Chamber of Commerce membership provides a number of different services and programs. Your membership dues investment is a contribution to the promotion of this community, and sustains several area events. Some of the benefits of Chamber membership are listed below.
- Customer referrals
- Membership decal
- Advertising opportunities: Great Waters of Pure Michigan, Michigan Snowmobile Magazine,
- Special event planning/hosting: Blizzard Vintage Snowmobile Races, Snowsfest, 4th of July, Annual Banquet, Boat Show Cocktail Party, plus we actively assist other organizations in promoting their events
- Reference information for business owners
- Collective business voice for lobbying
- Networking opportunities such as Business After Hours, Chamber meetings and social media
- Employment listings through direct e-mail, references, and web site
- Representation at trade shows, including the Novi Snowmobile Show and Quiet Waters Symposium
- Web site listings and promotion
- Chamber directory mailed and distributed to people seeking information about the area
- Your brochures are distributed at the Welcome Center and to people seeking info packets
- Welcome Center facility and staffing
- Business development training opportunities
- Inclusion in e-mail news and notifications
3. What can I do as a member?
Your involvement can be as simple as paying dues, or as active as helping organize kids games on the 4th of July. We welcome your opinion and responses to our activities, initiatives and polling. We always need volunteers to help organize events, but we are limited to the events listed above, only by our number of volunteers. We would love to host more events to bring people to the area, but we need your help! Aside from event volunteers, we need your assistance in making sure your information is correct when we list your business in our directories or online, or for simple administrative jobs such as occasional envelope stuffing, or judging holiday decorations.
We also welcome ideas for business and community development. What do you think we should be working on as a Chamber of Commerce?
Feel free to contact us with your ideas!
The 2012 Chamber of Commerce Board: President Greg Wagner, Northwoods Restoration and Rustic Decor; Past President Diane Patrick, Land ‘n Sea Marine & Real Estate Sales; Vice President Dan Autore, Autore Oil Company; Secretary Brianna Freel, UP State Credit Union; Treasurer Robert Alexander, Bumpa’s; and Directors – Sarah Barr, Carmeuse Lime and Stone; Mike Schaeffer, Cedar Pantry; Jason Bohn, Ink & Toner Alternative; Dustin Wilcox, Up in Smoke BBQ; Margie Denoyer, Les Cheneaux Beautification Committee.